From the ruffians…er…writers of the Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Prima Official Game Guide comes a selection of author tips to get your garden started right. Brought to you by Bryan Stratton, Andre Fredrick and the letter P!
1) Each Piñata can perform two tricks. To get them to perform each trick, you need to find the food item that triggers the trick and feed it to them. Tap the Piñata with the Trick Stick when it’s doing the trick, and you’ll be able to use that Trick Stick to make any Piñata of the same species perform on demand!
Click on the image to see it full size.
2) Not only are Bispottis some of the easiest Piñatas to raise, they’re also a delicious treat for several other Piñata types, including Newtgat, Jameleon, Parmadillo, Hoghurt, Galagoogoo, Sparrowmint, Robean, Sour Profitamole, and Arocknid.
3) Raise Buzzlegums to produce Honey on the cheap! You can feed the Honey to other Piñatas that love it, including Badgesickle, Fizzlybear, Mousemallow, and Raisant. You can also sell the Honey for a few extra chocolate coins!
4) Some Piñatas are rivals and will fight each other on sight, like Lickatoad and Newtgat. This can injure the Piñatas and reduce their happiness and value. To discourage Piñata fights, separate rival Piñatas with a sturdy fence.
5) Sour Piñatas begin to invade your garden as you become a more experienced gardener. But like any visiting Piñata, they have residence requirements, and if you complete them, the Sour Piñata will change into a tame and helpful version of itself, instead of a pest!
7) Every Piñata has at least three variant versions that it transforms into when it eats certain foods. These variant Piñatas are identical to the normal versions, except for the fact that they’re worth more when you sell them!
10) To find the extremely elusive Dragonache egg, you need to at least have one Mine and one Diggerling to search for it. But you can improve your odds of finding it by hiring four Diggerlings, giving them 300 coins at a time to keep them happy, putting a Helper House near the Mine entrance, placing a Lantern of Loot in the garden, and sending a Candary wearing a Gas Mask over to the Mine.